Learn to Row Classes
- No Experience Necessary – New Rowers Welcome!
- Rowing is a great total body, low impact fitness workout
- Learn to Rowing Session offered each month
- Sessions are 4 classes held Mondays and Wednesdays for 2 weeks, from 6:30-8:30pm
- Fee is $100 a session
- Register for each session by clicking the link below
The Indianapolis Rowing Center offers Learn to Row classes for new rowers and programs for experienced rowers. Learn-to-Row (LTR) is an introductory class for adults (or parent/child) to the sport of rowing. Over the course of 10 hours over 4 evenings, IRC coaches, with the help of volunteers, will teach you proper rowing technique, inside and on the water, as well as educate you on rowing terminology, safety and teamwork. Classes typically begin in April and will run through October.
The focus will be in eight person (sweep) boats. There will be the opportunity to scull in a single person boat Saturday mornings after you have completed the class (free for the remainder of the month).
Learn to Row graduates will also be invited to attend Adult Rowing sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays (6:15pm) for free, for the remainder of the month.
Here is some basic safety information for all those thinking about taking up rowing...please let us know if you have any questions.
Financial Assistance - there are opportunities for financial assistance for membership and program fees.